This course is designed to improve your knowledge in the more advanced aspects of Freediving. During this course we will discuss the aspects of deep Freediving such as deep equalisation, packing, mouth-fill , exhale diving ( FRC) and variable weights.
This course concentrates on your “weak spots”. We discuss mental management systems and advanced breathing techniques.
- Prerequisite certifications: Apnea International Stage B (or equivalent), Current CPR and First Aid
- Prerequisite performance: STA- 03:30, DYN- 50m, CW- 30m
- Be able to swim and sustain yourself in the water (with & without fins).
- Be 17 years old or over (or 14+ with a written & approved letter from parents)
Subjects covered in apnea academy stage c
- Advanced equalising techniques
- Advanced breathing techniques
- Physiology of deep Freediving
- The principals of FRC diving
- Mental management systems for freediving – defining goals and structures for the dives.
- Physiology – Paradoxes in freediving.
- Nutrition for high performance.
- Deeper view of freediving emergencies and the proper response.
- Timing, pace and rhythm in Freediving.
The dives will be videoed so that we could debrief them on land for further improvement.
Sydney | TAHITI | SINGAPORE
- The emphasis is on energy efficient movement in the water.
- We will try to find the best individual technique that will result in the best improvement.
Pool & Ocean
- Pool sessions: 2
- Open water sessions: 6
What to Bring
- Weight Belt Provided