The Stage A Freediving course is aimed to provide basic knowledge of the different freediving categories, the important rules of behaviour and the safest way to perform freediving while allowing the fastest improvement.
You don't have to have an amazing breath hold to take this course - essentially it is your introduction to what your body and mind are capable of when they work together. This is a great course to do with friends, family or just take the plunge yourself and meet some pretty interesting people along the way
This Course Covers...
- Freediving categories.
- Safety for Freediving.
- Rules of behavior for freediving.
- The buddy system and the role of the buddy and diver in training.
- Training session planning.
- The difference between a depth session and a Spearfishing session.
- Equipment for Freediving.
- Physiology of Freediving.
- Breathing for Freediving.
- Relaxation techniques for static training; relaxation is the most important aspect of Static training.
- Equalisation techniques.
- Preventing pressure injuries (barotraumas) whilst Freediving.
- Freedive emergencies.
- Avoiding and reacting to blackout and “surface samba” (loss of motor control).
The Training sessions include Static breathhold training, Dynamic training and Open Water Sessions. It is important to understand that with proper training and knowledge a Freediver will improve the depth as well as the dive time.
You must know how to swim to participate in this course.
Sydney | TAHITI | SINGAPORE
- The emphasis of this course is on energy efficient movement in the water.
- The main idea is to prolong the dive time and not only the depth.
Pool & Ocean
- Minimum Age: 17 (13 with Parental consent)
- Open Water Training: 2 sessions
- Static session & Dynamic Session
What to Bring
- Weight Belt Provided